Sunday, April 27, 2014

RIDE THE DOLOMITES


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It has taken me some time, but I finally have this GoPro thing down – kind of. I blew up one of my videos. I cannot figure out how. Then my original video has music with it, that happens to be copyrighted. So I had to remove it. Also detracts from the video. So I may have to repost later.
 
In my last post I talked about how great the Hotel Dolomiti is. I forgot to say that Daniel speaks excellent English. So do not be afraid to call him to make a reservation.
 
I entered Slovenia on Thursday. The hostel was really a dorm for high school girls who boarded during the school week. They all left Friday morning early when the parents showed up. So the hostel billed as "the funnest host ever" was somewhat overstated, to the point of fraud. The room was fine, but it was not a  hostel or a hotel. Someone was just trying to earn some Euros renting out any bit of extra space. So I am back on Hostel World.
 
Zagreb is basically Omaha. It was founded about the same time, even though it claims some small medieval portion. But it got stuck in a 50's time warp and it saved its tourist trade. They never tore up the trolly trackes. So trolleys go everywhere, and it is a pretty liesurly ride throught the city. A tourist can buy a 3 day card for about $17.

I am sick. Caught a cold somewhere along the line. So I am holed up in a hostel in Zagreb getting rest and doing stuff like this. It took me 4 hours to put this little piece together. As I said, it is a learning process. 

Hope you enjoy.
 
http://youtu.be/wAdpxnLKQw8

1 comment:

  1. I love that you stayed at the high school boarding house!

    ReplyDelete