Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WELCOME TO THE HOTEL DOLOMITI












I have found a gem.  On a whim I decided I should ride the Italian Alps and see the Dolomites. So I went on line and found Hotel Dolomiti in Vattaro, near Trento. The place is wonderful. The owner is Daniel Ducati. And he is a motorcycle enthusiast as well. The rooms are very reasonable, and Daniel is also an excellent chef.

View From My Hotel Balcony
 
Viale Vicenza, n°15 Vattaro Trento 38049 Italy
Phone: 0039 0461 848540 Skype 0039 0461 848540 FREE   
Fax: 0039 0461 847496 Skype 0039 0461 847496 FREE   
http://www.dolomiti-hotels.com
 
So after getting checked in Daniel helped me with bike stuff. The chain was a mess, and we got that all cleaned and bright. Then I ate real food. Daniel made his own pasta, ravioli, appetizers, and served the local cheese. Truly a great meal.

He also found some parts for me, as he knows every motorcycle shop in Trento.

 
Daniel Ducati - Best Host Ever!

And now the best part. He mapped out a trip to the Dolomites that I could never have found on my own. Even with gps way points supplied by Daniel I got a bit turned around ever so often.
 

 


  
I have made a short GoPro flick and I will fill it in. But for now these are the pictures. Along the way I saw what I thought were Italian Army trucks. Turned out to be German tourists with converted German Army trucks - now super campers!




Super Camper

And here are photos from the trip up to Trent along the shore of Lake Garda





Hard To Believe This Is An Alpine Lake









1 comment:

  1. looks like South Dakota, minus a lot of stuff, will be here on Sunday at 430 if you want to call

    ReplyDelete