Thursday, May 8, 2014

BULGARIA PART II












A lot has taken place since I last posted.  The rain stopped. I got new tires. And Bulgaria was beautiful. Also, I have become fearful of Gypsies, or at least some of them. I seem to attract them in urban areas and they can smell a unaccompanied American a mile away.  

Motocamp is a terrific place to just rest up because there is no fear. Usually I have to be aware all the time about where my stuff is, and who might have access to the room. Lots of bikes have been stolen and rooms robbed. This ends the trip.

Motocamp is one of those places where I never locked my door. It is run by Polly and Ivo. The contact info is in a prior post. But they were perfect hosts, and fed me real food. I mean Bulgarian lamb with Polly’s dad and the neighbors. 

So instead of writing a bunch about what Bulgaria is, let’s just do the pictures starting with the sweet dog Harley (a “she”), followed by the scenery. By the way – Bulgaria is not flat, nor is it all mountainous. It is just everything. And it is cheap – cheap – cheap. So go now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Harley





 
 

 
 
 
I also want to put in a plug for Martin and Shirley at Sakar Hills campground. I did not get photos, but go to the website. Wonderful hosts (got fed venison stew) and a perfect facility. It is the place to stay before jumping off the Turkey because it is about 30 minutes from the border, and breakfast is just down the road too. Sakar Hills is located at Biser, which is a very small village.


I thought I had Rubber Left

This Is What A New One Has!

a
Ivo Opened Up On A Holiday To Put On The Tires

Just Another Mountain Range To Cross
 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip! Love your postings. When I finally checked the map for Hotel Dolomiti, I realized you probably drove within 30 miles of my father's birthplace, Frisanco. I'm probably related to the entire town. Looking forward to your adventures.Drive safe.
    Maria Nagel (soon to be Conte)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria- send me your email to sampfirm@radiks.net

      Delete